Wednesday 18 June 2014

Who says you have to be the best at something to do it?

My Favourite part about blogging has always been the ability to express the complexity of my individuality in varying outfit posts. We all have that one thing we get creative & passionate about  irrespective of the pay, morale received, etc. When you find yours, keep at it, no one is saying you have to be the best at it to do it.


I wanted to be as comfortable as the weather allowed, so i paired my favourite shirt with this double sided slitted skirt from Debenhams, and though i was freezing for a major part of the shoot, i really hope my mentioning it is the only evidence you have :) 

Hat: Topshop || Shirt: Republic (former USC) || Skirt: Debenhams || Shoes: Anne Michelle || Watch: Marc Jacob *I'll put up the links of similar items shortly

 Now let's get philosophical....
I now understand what David was saying to Michal in 2 Samuel 6:22. I think of it as, "When you submit/make light of yourself/serve God in-spite of the odds and criticisms, you will find favour in the sight of God and he'll lift you far above the on-lookers". 
You will not always look 'cool' serving God, some will in-fact find you pretentious, but you'll need to find the courage to serve God like he's all that matters. The people you're afraid might criticise you? the people that criticize you? are the people you really shouldn't be bothering about. Read my not-so recent article on dealing with criticisms on Bella naija here. I hope it helps you to not only launch out and live a life of purpose, but help you think lightly of whatever criticism(s) you're dealing/struggling with. 

Remember: Find a way to work for God faithfully, i.e with all your heart & might. Put him to test, and see if he wouldn't bless you.
I'm not special, if he did it for me, he's more than ready to do the-same for you.

Lots & Lots of Love,
The Aspiring Sartorialist.
Follow me on Instagram- @tosinakande || Twitter: @tosin_adebola for more frequent updates

And don't forget to leave your beautiful comments below & subscribe to the blog, the tab is on the left:)

1 comment:

  1. These appear to have a silky look to them. I like it all the better though!

    ReplyDelete