Friday 15 May 2015

Floral & the demands of the heart



Before now, I did not particularly fancy warehouse, so it's not a store i found myself going into often. However during the christmas sales, one of my friends literally dragged me in, and it's become a favourite (maybe i exaggerate a little) but at least i pay more attention to it now. The pretty floral dress was one of my purchases that day and as the weather has been a bit more favourable these days, i'm excited i finally get to wear it. It's paired with my staple green heels; of which  my sister has promised to throw away if i keep repeating. I have more shoes than anything else, (the first thing you'd notice if come into my room) but i find myself realistically rotating 3 or 4 pairs.  Anyone else like me? And leather jacket of course, because the weather is unpredictable like that.

Dress: warehouse, similar here||Shoes: Anne Michelle, a nice one here||Sunglasses:Celine  

                          

First time without the usual red lips, yay or nay?

Let's get philosophical..
I watched a recent interview with Don Mclean for BBC hard talk which challenged all i ever thought i knew on life satisfaction and success. Nothing, nothing is ever worth losing our loses for. I learnt; when it comes to the deeper demands of the soul, money, beauty, fame and even success has little relevance; insignificant in filling that void. I'm learning to give my heart that reality check as often as possible, examining where it's at at every stage. Lest after years of the pursuit of _ to begin to make statements like "i wish i could re-live life again, i would just get a job that can pay my rent and prioritise my happiness more". Nothing is worth losing our souls for. If this is speaking in parables, i'm sorry i'm only trying not to write too much, please watch the interview. You can always leave your questions and concerns below.


P.s- Thank you Leke & Grace for the really amazing pictures. Please check out their Instagram pages and follow them, they take really good pictures too. Be kind enough to tell them i recommended them ;)

Lots of Love
The Aspiring sartorialist x
Follow me  on Instagram- @tosinakande  | Twitter- @tosin_adebola for frequent updates x

No comments:

Post a Comment